Other applicable terms
Information about us and how to contact us
QuotePay is a technology platform, accessed through the Site or the App, that connects users (such as you) with your end customer and certain other facilities such as Payment Service Providers.
QuotePay is operated and owned by QuotePay Limited (we or us). We are a limited company registered in Scotland under company number SC531127 and have our registered office at 12 Minerva Way, Glasgow G3 8AU, UK. Our main trading address is at 12 Minerva Way, Glasgow G3 8AU, UK and our VAT number is GB 254791969.
If you wish to contact us in writing, have a complaint or are required to give us notice in writing, you can send this to us by email at hello@Quotepayapp.com or by pre-paid post to our main trading address referred to above. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by email to any email address you provide to us.
Use of the App
We may (but are under no obligation to) update the Site and/or the App from time to time, and may change the content on them at any time. You may, following an update, need to download the latest version of the App in order to continue using it.
The Site and the App are made available free of charge and you may download the App onto any number of Mobile Devices.
We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that QuotePay or any content on it: (i) will always be available or be uninterrupted; (ii) will be error-free, accurate, complete or up-to-date; or (iii) will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
Access to QuotePay is permitted on a temporary basis and we may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of it without notice. We will not be liable to you if, for any reason, QuotePay is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to access QuotePay (including configuring your information technology) and you should use your own virus protection software.
Registration and security
Use of, and access to, certain parts of QuotePay may require you to register with us. If you wish to register, you must complete all of the required fields on the registration page.
You must not create your own QuotePay account using an email address other than your own or one that you are permitted to use and, if you know or suspect that someone other than you has successfully registered to use QuotePay using your email address, you must notify us immediately at hello@Quotepayapp.com.
You may not authorise others to access QuotePay using your username and password and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password, you must promptly notify us at hello@Quotepayapp.com and change your password.
You are responsible for all acts and omissions of any third parties who use your username or password to access QuotePay, whether fraudulently or not, and you agree to reimburse us on demand for any loss we suffer as a result of such use.
Pricing and payment
Our pricing policy is set out on the Site and can be accessed at www.quotepayapp.com/pricing. We reserve the right to make changes to our pricing policy at any time, although we will notify you by email at least one week before any such changes take effect. If you do not agree to any such changes, you should stop using QuotePay and (if applicable) delete the App from your Mobile Device.
Intellectual Property Rights
You must not use any part of the content on QuotePay for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence or other written consent to do so form us or our licensors.
Other trade marks, products and company or brand names mentioned on QuotePay may be the trade marks of their respective owners or licensors and all rights in such trade marks are reserved to their respective owners or licensors.
Your liability to us
You acknowledge that QuotePay has not been developed to meet your individual requirements and that it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of QuotePay meet your requirements.
If you are a business or an individual using QuotePay in a business capacity, please note that:
- we will not be liable for: (i) loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; (ii) business interruption; (iii) loss of anticipated savings or interest; (iv) loss of business opportunity; (v) loss of or damage to data; (vi) loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill; or (vii) any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind; and
- to the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to QuotePay or any content on it, whether express or implied.
If you are a consumer, you may only use QuotePay for domestic and private use. You agree not to use QuotePay for any commercial, business or resale purposes and, if you do, we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
We will not under any circumstances be liable for:
- the behaviour, acts or omissions of any clients you engage through QuotePay; or
- any loss or damage caused by any bug, virus, distributed denial-of-service attack or other technologically harmful material that may infect your information technology (including your Mobile Device), data or other proprietary material due to your use of QuotePay or your downloading of any content on it or on any website linked to it.
- excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law; or
- is intended to affect your statutory rights. Advice about your statutory rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Your liability to us
You may only use QuotePay for lawful purposes. You may not use it:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international laws or regulations;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload or download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- knowingly to transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed adversely to affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users of QuotePay; and
- to collect or harvest any information or data from QuotePay or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running QuotePay.
You also agree:
- not to permit QuotePay or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;
- not to access without authority, penetrate, interfere with, damage or disrupt (or attempt to do any of the same): (i) the accounts of other users of QuotePay; (ii) any part of QuotePay or its security measures; (iii) any equipment or network on which QuotePay is stored; (iv) any software used in the provision of QuotePay; or (v) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
- not to copy the App except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the App or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent that (by virtue of section 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are essential for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the App with another software program, and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities: (i) is used only for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the App with another software program; (ii) is not unnecessarily disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party; and (iii) is not used to create any software that is substantially similar to the App; and
- not to provide or otherwise make available the App in whole or in part (including object and source code) in any form to any person without prior written consent from us.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to QuotePay and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution, as well as to its whole.
If you make use of any feature that allows you to post or upload any content to QuotePay (for example, by providing a review, feedback and/or comments in relation to a Service Provider or when making contact with QuotePay or other users of QuotePay), any such content must be accurate and genuine and must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- promote violence or indecent or sexually explicit material;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe or violate any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property right of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any laws or any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- advocate, promote, assist or enable any illegal or unlawful activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement or computer misuse) or intend to defraud, swindle or deceive other users of QuotePay;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy another person;
- be used to impersonate any person or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if that is not the case;
- relate to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium rate telephone numbers); or
- disseminate or otherwise disclose another person’s personal information without his or her prior permission or collect or solicit another person’s personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted or uploaded by you or any other user of QuotePay and we do not recommend or endorse any such content or accept any responsibility for its accuracy. Any such content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and we have the right to use, store, copy, distribute and disclose the same to third parties (including the relevant authorities) for any purpose whatsoever without any liability or payment to, or recognition of, you of any kind. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party in respect of whom you provide a review, feedback and/or comments or who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to QuotePay constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove or delete any posting you make on QuotePay or to disclose it to the relevant authorities if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with our content standards as set out above. If so, you must not attempt to re-post the relevant content.
Suspension and termination
You may terminate the legal agreement between us and, if you are a registered user, request the closure of your account at any time by emailing us at hello@Quotepayapp.com (subject to fulfilling your minimum booking commitment, as per the ‘Booking Process and Cancellation’ section).
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use QuotePay;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any content uploaded, posted, submitted or displayed by you on or to QuotePay;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we feel is reasonably necessary.
If we withdraw your right to use QuotePay:
- you must, if applicable, immediately delete the App from all Mobile Devices; and
- you must not attempt to re-register to use QuotePay.
Linking to the Site
You may link to the Site’s homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link to the homepage in any website that is not owned by you or in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the homepage.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with our content standards as set out above.
If you wish to make any use of any content on the Site other than that set out above, please contact us at hello@Quotepayapp.com.
Links to third party websites and resources
The Site and/or the App may contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, including, without limitation, advertisers. We have no control over those websites or resources or their availability and any links to them are provided for your information only. You will need to make your own independent judgement regarding your interaction with any such websites or resources, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them. We are not responsible for, and do not endorse, their content or their privacy policies (if any) and we will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Events outside our control
Other important terms
Nothing in the foregoing paragraph will limit our right to take proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor will the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions preclude us from taking proceedings in any other jurisdiction, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.